Plastic surgery is a surgical operation that involves restoration or changing any defect on the face or its associated parts and giving the person a completely new look. It is basically of two types. The first is reconstructive surgeries, which treat defects like hand surgery, burns treatment, and microsurgeries. The second is cosmetic surgeries, which involve improvement of the current looks. Although these surgeries may seem simple on hearing, in reality, they involve a lot of intricacies that one needs to follow strictly.
To schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon, one needs to consult a trained and certified plastic surgeon who will counsel the person and inform them about all the viable options before moving further for the surgery. Following are some pointers on which one needs to focus before meeting with the surgeon:
- One must perform complete background research about the procedure well in advance to know all of the technicalities about it and then decide to move further or not.
- One must prepare a set of questions or queries to get answered by the surgeon. In case of any doubts about the procedure, one must remove any form of misconceptions about it.
- One must also study the family medical history properly to know if the surgery would not have any side effects on the health due to some ongoing health issues in the family tree.
- The atmosphere of the hospital is also very vital. Hence, one must research sufficiently to know about the value and services of the hospital. Also, the reputation of the surgeon in the medical industry matters.
- One must share all the details regarding past medications with the surgeon to help him prepare the course for the surgery accordingly.
After the surgery
Not only before or during the surgery, but one must be careful also after the surgery. There are safety measures that one must follow post plastic surgery.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Try to include more fruits, milk, and light food items in the diet.
- Avoid using cosmetics in the area of treatment because it can lead to infections.
- Protect yourself from sunlight. Harmful UV rays might affect the area of stitches.
- Do not smoke, drink, or try substance abuse.
- In the case of facial surgery, it becomes tough to take solid food. Hence one can opt for liquid food such as fruit juices. Aloe vera juice is renowned for treating surgeries.
If a person follows the complete procedure and takes the necessary measures, the surgery will undoubtedly be successful and show astounding results.